Last updated: October 24, 2017
UpGo is deeply committed to creating safe and secure services for you and all our users. The principles that guide us include the following: we take protection of your personal information very seriously; we do not sell your personal information to third parties; we strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give to us; and we take extra precautions for learners under the age of 13, including requiring parental consent.
UpGo, LLC (“We”, “Company”, or “UpGo”) operates the 4UpGo.com personal education website (the “Website”) and UpGo mobile application (the “Mobile App”), courses offered through the Mobile App or Website (“Courses”) and any other of UpGo’s products or services used to facilitate your use of such services (collectively the “Service”). Capitalized terms used in this document, which are otherwise undefined, have the meanings attributed to them in the Company’s Terms of Service which can be found at http://www.4UpGo.com/termsofservice (the “Terms of Service”).
Children Under the Age of 13
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to UpGo. For that reason, we utilize special features to help protect the personal information relating to children under the age of 13.
UpGo does not knowingly permit those under the age of 13 to register directly for our Service and our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Service without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any personal information on this Service or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of the appropriate consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at support.
Our Privacy Practices
Information We Collect
When you use the Service, we may collect information about you or your use of the Service. Such information includes (but is not limited to):
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, third party login information, or payment method information (“personal information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you;
- information about your wireless or mobile internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Service and usage details;
- information about your device, such as the type and model, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android), carrier name, IP address, mobile browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari), and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer);
- log information, including the apps or websites visited, the time and your time zone, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, cellular), and cookie information;
- non-personally identifying information that third parties have collected and share with us to help better provide the Service; and
- information regarding your relationship to other Members, such as whether you are a Content Provider or a Parent or Guardian of a student in a Course.
Information We Collect Directly
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, or as we process your transactions, for example:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Service, or requesting further services relating to the Service or your use of the Service;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- your use histories within the Service, including the Courses viewed, videos viewed, and quiz results.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you interact with our Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your use of our Service, including traffic data, location data such as your country (but, note, we do not collect your specific GPS location), logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service; and
- information about your device and Internet connection.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you each time you use the Service.
We may use third party analytics services to provide us with analytic data collection and reporting. We will not provide any personally identifiable information to such third parties.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide and improve our Service. For example, we use such information to process electronic signatures and account for electronic delivery of documents, and to optimize and improve our technologies and delivery of our Service. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Service and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to connect to third party providers;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and follow the opt-out instructions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of your participation in the Service.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Data Collection Technologies
The technologies for data collection may include:
- Other Technologies. Certain web pages on our Website, and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Stored Information and Files. We may also access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information, such as when you use a profile picture from your device’s camera roll or share info with a contact in your device’s contacts database.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Your web browser may provide a “Do Not Track” browser setting, requesting the website operator not track your online activities. Compliance with such requests is optional by law and we do not respond to such signals in order to provide a more thorough experience for users. Further, blocking or deleting cookies will not stop all such tracking.
The activities of any third parties are subject to their own privacy policies and are not covered by this Policy. If you have opted out of tracking by various third parties and you get a new computer, install a new browser, or otherwise change or update your browser or its cookie files, you may also clear cookies from such third parties related to your opt-out request.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Choices About Tracking Technologies and Advertising
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about end users or our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, our Users, or others.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to support.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the information that you submit to us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone, that you use a strong password of at least 8 characters with mixed case letters, numerals and special characters, and that the password not be reused on any other service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
We will post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make what we believe is a material change to this Policy, we will notify our registered Service users by email to the email address specified in each user’s account or through a notice on the Service home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact the UpGo Support Team.